Rhinoplasty technique OPEN or CLOSE
There are 2 types of techniques for rhinoplasty / rhinoplasty according to the location of the wound.
Note : Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Center that is notable all around the world You can track down more data about medical procedure at https://www.bangmodaesthetic.com/
1. Closed Rhinoplasty (Closed Rhinoplasty)
An incision is made in the upper nostril where material or tissue is inserted under the nostril to hide the scar. It may open one nostril or both. Suitable for uncomplicated rhinoplasty
The advantage of rhinoplasty with incisions in the nostrils is that the scar is not visible.
Disadvantages of rhinoplasty with incisions in the nostrils
– Can’t see the structure inside the nose
– The nose structure cannot be modified.
2. Open Rhinoplasty
An incision is made in both nostrils together with an incision through the skin between the nostrils to reveal the inner nasal structure. Doctors can see inside to perform surgery in complicated cases. or to modify the structure of the nose It is usually used in augmented or fixed cases with an ePTFE core or rib. Most open technique wounds require general anesthesia.
Advantages of open incision rhinoplasty
– Can clearly see the structure of the nose inside can adjust the structure of the nasal bone well
Disadvantages of external incision rhinoplasty
– May be able to see the scar
How long does it take to perform rhinoplasty? The surgery takes approximately 45 minutes – 3 hours.
Teardrop shaped rhinoplasty with cartilage behind the ear. How good is it?
Benefits of rhinoplasty with ear cartilage
– Increases the length of the tip of the nose
– Decorate the tip into a polyp like a drop of water
– Helps reduce the tension of the skin on the tip of the nose
– Prevents silicone from penetrating
Risks of Rhinoplasty that uses cartilage behind the ear
– cartilage may be broken If the blood supply is not enough
– The skin at the tip of the nose may be uneven.
Preparation before rhinoplasty / rhinoplasty
- Consult a doctor, choose the material for rhinoplasty, choose the technique, check the health
- Abstain from drugs that affect blood clotting, such as aspirin, at least 5 days before surgery.
- Refrain from taking certain vitamins or herbs that you take regularly, such as vitamin E, which will make it difficult for the blood to stop.
- Stop smoking for at least 7 days.
Method for rhinoplasty
– Anesthesia during surgery Most can be operated with anesthesia. As for the use of general anesthesia for open technique or complicated surgery
– Length of time for rhinoplasty In general, for normal surgery using an anesthetic (Closed Technique), the surgery takes about 1-2 hours. or use ribs It takes about 3-4 hours.
Risks of Rhinoplasty
– Infection of the wound (infection) or inadequate cleaning. causing blood stains around the surgical wound Therefore, the wound must be cleaned so that there are no blood stains attached to the surgical wound. In general, standard medical rhinoplasty has a relatively low chance of infection, less than 1%, depending on the care of the individual incision during the first 2-4 weeks, and how the body reacts. individual immunity
– Congestion (Hematoma) causes a lot of swelling, if within 7 days the swelling is still large, come back to see a doctor to remove the blood.
– Slanted or crooked nose
– There is a chance of scarring
– Side effects of general anesthesia In the case of anesthesia surgery Patients may experience nausea, dizziness, headache, and vomiting during 1-2 days after surgery. Getting enough rest will help the symptoms heal faster.
– Pain after surgery (Pain) Usually there is not much pain in the wound. Painkillers can be taken during the first week. In the case of open surgery. Your doctor will give you an injection for pain medication during the first day after surgery. After that, you can take painkillers as usual.
– Swelling (Edema) in the first 2 weeks, the swelling is quite noticeable. After that, the swelling will gradually decrease. The shape of the nose will gradually change over a period of 6-12 months.
– Skin necrosis is less likely to occur. Most cases occur in revision surgery due to the presence of a large fascia and abnormality of the subcutaneous veins.
– Isolated wounds and abnormal bleeding May occur in some people with abnormal platelet clotting or bleeding easily. Most stitches can be fixed in the first 2 weeks.
Recovery after rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty It’s an uncomplicated surgery. Able to return to normal life 7 days after surgery. There may be some pain. taking painkillers or cold compress